Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Library Liaison Program

The library liaison program began this summer so I am a bit behind in my blog. Fortunately, I'm not too far behind in my work. This summer I became the liaison to the College of Computing, Engineering & Construction (CCEC). My role is to be the goto librarian for that school. This requires that I learn about the courses they are offering, research objectives and needs that may be fulfilled by the Thomas G. Carpenter library. I'll work with CCEC faculty and students to determine which resources they need which includes books, periodicals, videos, software, training, etc. So far I have visited their faculty meetings, a couple of classes, and a couple of orientations. The reception has been very warm and positive but there is so much more we could be doing. In subsequent posts I'll talk about the books we've purchased, programs we are developing and technologies we hope to introduce to make the educational experience for everyone at UNF richer and more successful. Next up, the books of 2009.

No comments: